Monday 20 July 2015

Your Ultimate Companion - Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream




I know it's meant to be summer, but the cold wind and lack of sunshine is suggesting otherwise - and my skin is not loving it one bit. I've been slapping on the moisturiser and lip balm but nothing is doing the trick... until
I re-discovered Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. I think, by now, everyone will have at least heard of 8 hour cream, if not tried it and loved it. Its basically a apricot-toned thick, oily balm, which can pretty much be used everywhere and for everything. I use it most on dry and chapped lips - its also great just if you want to add a bit of extra shine to the lip. It makes them look healthy and plump - as well as hydrating them at the same time. I have also been using on my cuticles. My nails are in awful condition and have been suffering with quite sore cuticles - but just whack on a bit of 8 hour cream and they are restored. Finally, I have been using it on various dry patches over my body. Mainly on my nose (which is dry and flaky), as well as over spots I have on my chin area. They are recently come back in a vengeance. I was quite skeptical about putting on the cream as it is very oily, but it really did help reduce the redness and helps calm them a bit.


Although I know the smell of this product offends many people (it smells quite herbal and medicinal) - I actually don't mind it... and you can now purchase a fragrance-free version so don't let that hold you back! Finally, the price also seems a little extortionate  It is £26 for a 50ml tube... BUT a little really does go a long way. And as mentioned previously, it is a balm-like, oily texture - so is designed to be used in small quantities.

Its pretty much a product which does everything - your ultimate handbag companion. Let us know what your fave summertime products are in the comments below!

LLB x

No comments:

Post a Comment