Saturday 31 October 2015

October Faves



So this appears to be the only 2nd post in october.. sorry! Why does time go so quickly!? I don't usually have a lot of new favourite products each months that I have been loving, because I'm boring and tend to stick to the same stuff! But this months I seem to have tried a load of new products, and loved them all a lot!!

Firstly, is the Olay Beauty Fluid.  I have been using the same moisturiser for a while now and my skin seems to love it, so haven't seen a reason to change. However, I ran out of my all time fave Resultime moisturiser and wasn't able to get any more before I completely ran out. I have many moisturisers knocking about in my beauty draw, so decided rather than not moisturising, I would use the Olay Beauty Fluid. Due to my spot-prone, dry skin, I am always very careful about the products I use in fear of making me break out. But my skin loves this moisturiser! Its a very light-weight product, which leaves my skin feeling fresh and re-generised. It also smells delightful and is very gentle of the more sensitive areas of my face.
Secondly, is the Aussie 3 minute deep treatment conditioner. Due to the weather getting colder, my hair has been looking very lack-lustre and dry, so I decided to retreat to the ever faithful deep conditoner. I have always loved this product, but I seem to forget about it when I wash my hair. I smother it over the roots and ends of my hair once a week, and I find it makes my hair feel so bouncy, shiny and re-hydrated. I don't usually feel or see a big difference when I usually condition my hair, but this product makes a noticeable difference, and just makes my hair feel super healthy.
Sticking with the Aussie hair products, I have also been loving the leave in conditioner. Again, due to my hair feeling so dry, I have been hunting down all the conditioning products I can find. I apply this to both wet and dry hair, and helps take away any frizz (which, lets be honest, is my hair 9 times out of 10!).
Next up is the Boots Eyelash Curlers. There is nothing I love more than having super curly, voluminous and long lashes. I recently desperately needed a new eyelash curler, after deciding I hated the one I had bought from Superdrug. I was half tempted to invest in a Shu Uemura one, because I have heard so many amazing things about them, but the £20 price tag wasn't quite winning me over - so decided to resort to the slightly cheaper boots instead. The price of £4.50 was deffo more appealing to me, and I was particularly taken by the matte black appearance of them (love a bit of black!). I have noticed such a difference in my lashes since using this tool. I found it really difficult with my previous curler to curl them right at the roots as it nipped my eyelid, however this one lets you get so close to the root without being painful. It also gives the lashes a really lovely curl.
I have also re-ignited my love for the Soap & Glory Pulp Friction body scrub. Due to the colder weather, my skin has not been loving it and has gone very dry and flaky. I had tried all the moisturisers I could find and none were doing the trick, so I thought it was time to bring out the big guns. This scrub is insanely good!! I don't use it over my entire body, just the bits which are particularly dry, and it completely banishes the dry skin. I have used other body scrubs from S&G, but this one is by far the best.
Finally, I have been using the VO5 Heat Protect Styling Spray. Having used the TRESemme one since FOREVER, I had kind of got slightly bored with it and wanted to explore the field some more. All I want in a heat spray is to successfully protect my hair from styling heat, and this one ticks all the boxes. Not only does it smell di-viiine! It also makes my hair super glossy and helps reduce the amount of damage from styling my hair.

Hope you haven't missed us too much..
LLB x

1 comment:

  1. I am loving Aussie hair care at the moment! :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete