Friday 5 February 2016

New Year, New Beauty Products

I've been meaning to post this since the beginning of January.. and just haven't got round to it.. ooops! But I WILL post it this time!! I hadn't bought any new beauty products for a while, so i decided to treat myself and have a little splurge! And seeing as I am very happy with my purchases, I am going to share them with you!!
First up is the Nars Audacious Lipstick on the shade 'Charlotte'. I am a darker lip shade kinda gal, so this deep berry colour is perfect for me! I'm not a big lipstick wearer just because I'm not good at re-applying makeup throughout the day and I feel like wearing lipstick is quite high maintenance, but this lipstick is so creamy and just feels like i'm wearing a lip balm on my lips. This can also be a downside however as it is very easily smudged if you're not careful, but I love smudging it into my lips making it look more natural.
Next up is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I know you've probably read a million and one reviews raving about this concealer. But I hadn't used this product for so long, so I had forgotten how amazing it is! My skin used to be a lot dryer, so this concealer didn't sit too well on top of it, but now it is in better condition, the concealer just sinks in perfectly and doesn't crease.. fab! Its very high coverage and blends in amazingly.. and for £3.99 you cant really say no can you!?
On the line of concealers, I have also been trying out the Urban Decay Naked concealer. So I know I said the collection one was creamy, but oh boy.. this one is on another level! You really don't need a lot of product AT ALL, which I guess is a good thing because it will last a long time. It also works better if you layer it up to stop it creasing (as it does sit into my crease lines rather a lot). It has an amazing texture though and really doesn't look like you're wearing anything on the skin. And the packaging is just AH-MA-ZING!
Next up is the MAC Prep + Prime transparent finishing powder. I have been looking for a powder that doesn't just sit on the skin and make it look cakey, and this one doesn't do that at all. It just takes away the shine from the skin and makes the skin look velvety soft. It also helps set the makeup... and is a must if i'm using the UD Naked concealer otherwise it creases SO much!
Finally, I have been using the MAC Prep + Prime Fix +. Again, I have heard a lot about this product so have wanted to try it out for a while. I just spray it on top of my completed makeup to help set it. I don't use it everyday as my makeup does usually stay in place, I only really use it if I know i'll be doing a long shift at work... for some reason my foundation rubs off the end of my nose even though i never touch my nose.. does this happen to anyone else!? So annoying.

Wooo... i've finally completed a blog post! I feel like I haven't posted on here for a while... which I haven't! But I'm feeling refreshed after my break so hopefully it wont be 3 months until I write another post (we live in hope).

LLB x

No comments:

Post a Comment