Monday 1 June 2015

Silk Pillowcase - Yay or Nay?!

Silk pillowcase

There has been so much hype about silk pillowcases being beneficial for your skin and hair, so I thought - why not give it a whirl!?  I wasn't sure if spending 20 odd quid on a pillowcase was justified - but I succumbed.. and I'm glad I did. I have very spot prone skin (especially on the sides of my face
- I usually sleep on my side!) and naturally frizzy hair - so I was hoping sleeping on this magical pillow would help this... and it did! I woke up with my skin feeling so much fresher and softer than usual - and my spotty areas have gone down a lot since I started using this pillowcase. Also, due to the silk being softer and more breathable for the skin, the skin is less likely to crease - preventing wrinkles. I can't say my face m majorly creases when I sleep anyway, so i'll keep you posted on that one!
As for my hair - I always style my hair before I go to bed (i.e. straighten/curl it before I go to bed - so it requires the minimum amount of effort when I wake up and am in a rush!). When sleeping on a normal cotton pillowcase, I'd have to re-straighten it when i woke up as the under-layers would go frizzy during the night. HOWEVER, when using the silk pillowcase, my hair stays straight and looks more glossy.. just like Kimmy K.
This particular pillow case - from a company called 'Jasmine Silk' - has a cotton underside, and silk on top. I think this is great as the pillow is less likely to slide around, and also makes the pillowcase slightly cheaper due to less silk being used. So is a major YAY from us!

Silk pillowcase


I am fully aware the material of your pillowcase may not be on the top of everyones list of concerns... BUT it really does have an impact on your skin and hair.. and hey, my spots are going, so its worth it, right!?

You can buy the pillowcase I am CRAZY about here... and its currently got £10 off so order quick!!

LLB x

1 comment:

  1. And so, with a pillowcase, a broom handle and an old fan James Spangler created the first crude version of a portable vacuum cleaner silk pillowcase Cut your fabric 6 inches longer than the pillow you are going to use and 1 inch wider

    ReplyDelete